Friday, July 15, 2005

AMERICAblog: Because a great nation deserves the truth

Oh boy! According to America Blog Novak's story appears to contradict Roves!

AMERICAblog: Because a great nation deserves the truth: "Today's big story is that Rove supposedly never gave Valerie Plame's name to Novak - but rather that Novak mentioned Plame was CIA and Rove said 'yeah I heard that too,' or something to that effect.

In fact, here's what Novak said in his first interview that we know of just after he leaked Plame's name in print:

Novak, in an interview, said his sources had come to him with the information. 'I didn't dig it out, it was given to me,' he said. 'They thought it was significant, they gave me the name and I used it.'

Read that again. I didn't dig it out, it was given to me - they gave me the name.
That does not jibe with Rove's anonymous buddy telling the NYT that it was Novak who first brought up Plame as CIA and NOT Rove."


As America Blog observes the only way this does not contradict Rove is if there were two leakers and not one!

No comments: